The global digital revolution
is bringing prosperity to more and more countries and regions, benefiting
millions of people. Data Centres make this 21st century transformation
possible and reliable systems and continuity are crucial. From the pioneering
stage, we have been involved in the emergence and development of Data Centres
and other important facilities. Our aim is to ensure that customer investments
in Data Centres, anywhere in the world, deliver a reliable and profitable end
Our Mission Critical Facilities (MCF)
Data Centre team is well established and partners with some of the largest and
leading Data Centre providers and users across the globe, ranging from Europe,
Africa, Asia and the UK. We have offices and teams in The Netherlands,
Germany, Switzerland, the UK and South Africa.
Data Centres is a strategic market for
Royal HaskoningDHV. We are ranked in the Top 5 leading Design and Engineering
firms in the industry and we aim to grow and establish innovative and
sustainable data centres as one of our leading market sectors in future. We
are expanding our business to help support this growth and have many exciting
opportunities for experienced and motivated professionals to join us in The
Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, the UK or South Africa.
What you do as a Structural Engineer
As Structural Engineer you
must prove yourself to some of the most demanding customers in the world and
work pro-actively with our colleagues across the globe. Beyond the standard
features of a building, our MCF projects require specific and advanced
knowledge and skills.
will be able to explore and exploit your valuable knowledge and competences
such as Parametric Design, Automated Engineering and Augmented Design. We
offer an important role in challenging projects throughout Germany (mainly
Datacenters), in an internationally operating engineering and consultancy firm
that is rapidly developing itself in the digital transformation. Your main
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- You perform the necessary calculations for complex steel, concrete and timber structures and you contribute to the drafting of designs in cooperation with and under the supervision of the Consulting Engineer;
- In cooperation with the consulting engineer you handle and work out complex technical questions from clients;
- In projects in execution phase you are responsible to perform checks and attend meetings with clients and contractors;
- You communicate and work together with colleagues or third parties on (a part of) the structural design;
- You monitor from a technical and budgetary point of view (time and money) that your own processes and activities run according to the established principles and within the quality system and you conduct internal consultations on this;
- You check calculations and drawings of colleagues or third parties;
- Finally, you oversee your own project administration and archive.
HaskoningDHV works continuously on its own (digital) development, and on the
development of its employees. You will work within a multidisciplinary team where your work will
be cross borders, native and home based. In addition to participating in
projects, you naturally also contribute to the optimization of our internal
business processes and to safeguarding and sharing knowledge within your
field. In this way, we continue to develop ourselves continuously!
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting
people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have
helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work
underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent global
multi-disciplinary engineering and project management consultancy leading the
way in sustainable development and innovation, with over 6,000 professionals
in more than 150 countries.
You will become part of our global
Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team, who provide a multidisciplinary
package of consultancy services for our datacenter clients. We provide strategic,
tactical, and operational advice to our clients, including colocation
datacentres, internet service providers, and telecom companies. Our team
consists of colleagues with all kinds of different expertise. For example,
electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, construction, civil,
structure, building, architecture, fire safety, control engineering, and
security technology. Together we use our knowledge and expertise to develop
integrated designs for Data Centres. Curious about our work?
will join a leading market and work with a dedicated and passionate team
ranked as one of the best Data Centre design & engineering teams globally.
What you bring
are an entrepreneurial, result oriented, proactive individual with a positive
flexible and problem-solving attitude. Besides that, you have:
- An educational background on MSc. Level in Structural / Civil Engineering, specialization structural design of buildings;
- Good knowledge of structural German (DIN) standards, guidelines and working methods;
- 5 to 15 years of relevant experience at a (German) consultancy or engineering firm;
- Willingness to travel regularly through Germany for projects and occasionally also to our partner in Budapest, and our office in Nijmegen, where most people of the ‘datacenter team’ are located;
- Experience with the use of 3D calculation software;
- Customer-oriented / empathy;
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills, preferably related to datacenters;
- Able to transfer knowledge and skills to others;
- Results-oriented (problem solving ability), collaborative, flexible & independent;
- Professional German and English language skills. Dutch language proficiency is an advantage.
What we offer you
engineering firm, we are ambitious, exciting, lively, collaborative
and dynamic. We are making a difference to society and technological progress
across the globe. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to
contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open
network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and
technologies? Join us!
You can look
forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development
opportunities to support your career path. Entrepreneurship
and innovation are stimulated in our organization. There is plenty of room for
own initiative in an open and flexible culture. You also get with us:
- A good balance between work and private life, including flexible working hours and 30 days of vacation with full-time employment.
- You will also receive a laptop and telephone from the company so that you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- Plenty of training and development opportunities. With us, you will not find rigid functions and well-defined development paths, but flexible roles and a lot of freedom of choice when it comes to team, location, and work.
You will be based in Frankfurt a.M.. As
our clients are based in various locations nationally and internationally,
flexibility towards traveling is expected.
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload
your resume and motivation letter. For more information, you can always
contact with Frank van der Velden,
Lead Recruiter Industry & Buildings, at [email protected]
When applying, please
include your grade lists (BSc. and MSc.) in a document.