Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering consultancy. Our business in Australia is at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development, and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our clientele across the APAC region to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide range of port projects.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and passionate Technical Director - Maritime to join our team. You will deliver discipline-specific advisory, engineering, and management projects, reporting and design solutions and services that meet the Company’s, clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
In your role you will:
- Clients – To understand who the clients are in the sector, to be able to determine their needs and to then can identify how we service them with the solutions that they require.
- Project Management
- Advice – To provide high level maritime engineering advice and solutions to our clients; be an active thought leader in the market.
- Account management – Build and maintain a network of internal and external clients
- Negotiations – lead contract negotiations with clients
- Leadership – provide technical and commercial leadership and contribute to the strategic direction of the business
- Provide technical direction during the initiation, management and supervision of maritime engineering assignments
- Checking and reviewing other engineer’s works
- Prepare commercial, technical and financial proposals to undertake major and minor engineering projects
- Provide high level technical advice to engineers and scientists from other disciplines and co-ordinate the activities of other scientists, engineers and designers.
Business Development and Account Management
- Strengthen RHDHV’s reputation strategically.
- Develop new business for the maritime team and other parts of RHDHV’s business
- Account management -To manage and run a number of high-profile client accounts in our key sectors.
Qualification and Experience:
- Scientific or Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with writing proposals, planning and running of medium to large complex projects
- 15+ years of industry experience preferred, including demonstrated field experience in a variety of operational environments.
- Have excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability of working in multi-disciplinary team environments
What we offer:
Royal Haskoning Australia is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have a clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Attractive remuneration with profit share
- Flexible working arrangements